Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 8

Happy Thanksgiving! Tracy and I went to the 4:15 Moksha class today.  I didn’t realize how sore I would be after Yin yesterday, but my hips were really tight from all the deep tissue poses. I pushed through it and felt great after class, but tonight even my legs feel like they are continuously flexed, I am thinking an epsom salt bath may do the trick to help with that.  Today Kenny focused on gratitude and setting our intention for something we are thankful for – given it was Thanksgiving.  It really felt good to reflect on this at the beginning and end of class.

I am grateful for so many things every day, I don’t need a holiday to be mindful of how lucky I am for all the great things in my life – especially being blessed with such an incredible family and amazing friends.  I am grateful everyday for the little things in my life that make me smile and warm my heart.  “Gratitude turns what we have into enough” – love that quote :)

Most challenging pose today:

Dancer Pose / Natarajasana:


Sticking with the theme of Thanksgiving, I found this great article on “Selfless Gratitude - through the mindfulness practice of gratitude, you are able to rejoice amidst all life's suffering”.

And to top it all off my beautiful friend sent me this quote along with a sweet email sharing with me how much she cares about our friendship.  She made my day! The quote is definitely words to live by:

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow." 


I am also grateful that I completed Day 8 of this challenge! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment