Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 21

Today I went to Airlie’s Yin class at 10am. I was a bit nervous about going as my legs still felt like rubber bands that lost their elasticity after Wednesday’s Yin class. Today the focus was on heart openers and not as much leg action so I was happy. We did some challenging poses including one that she created called dragon fly, it was very pretzel like :)

Airlie read some inspirational quotes from the I Ching by Brian Browne Walker. She read them slowly and a couple of times so they really sank in while we were in the 5 minute poses. I found a great I Ching iphone app, looking forward to reading more about it.


I loved the music in class today, one of the songs was the Wake up the Sun mantra reminding us that when we wake up on one side of the world, others are in darkness on another side of the world.  

The heart opener poses were difficult to hold for the 5 minutes but it was an excellent deep stretch. Airlie said that it is important to do these stretches as the heart is the first place we tend to hold adversity and the heart openers allow us space to accept both blessings and challenges that we face.

As always, I loved the cozy Savasana at the end of class to rest my body after the challenging deep tissue postures. It was such an awesome start to my day, I feel so good.

Challenging pose of the day:

Spinal Twist - Supta Matsyendrasana


Today I am grateful for my incredible Mom. She supports and encourages me through everything and is my biggest cheerleader in life. She reads my 30 day challenge blog every day even though she has never even tried yoga; she takes an intense interest in everything I am involved in no matter how boring it may be. I could not imagine my life without her in it; I don’t know how I got so lucky to have her as my Mom and best friend. Thanks Mom, for being you, love you to bits xo

No comments:

Post a Comment