Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 16

What a chilly, rainy evening, I was tempted to skip moksha tonight. Some friends were going out for an Oktoberfest dinner and I would have loved to have joined them. Through the week I don’t have many options to go to class especially if I have to work late, it is either 615am or 730pm (sometimes 530pm). I guess that is what challenges are all about, they are tough and test your dedication. I could have skipped and doubled up a class another day, but then my blog would no longer make sense since it is 30 day challenge. I really want to stay true to the challenge and aim to go every day for 30 days. Anyways in retrospect I am glad I pushed myself and went tonight as I feel amazing. Next time I will make myself get up early for the 615am class so that I can do both; go out and go to class ;)

I went to Amy’s 730pm Moksha Music Flow class, it was tough but I really enjoyed it. I felt very relaxed tonight and in tune with my breath.  My body feels stronger with every day that goes by.

Challenging pose of the night: 
Side plank leg raise / Vasisthasana


I finally framed this artwork that my friend Jennifer painted. I am going to put them in my yoga / meditation room, they are so beautiful. Jennifer is very talented, and she loves yoga. Check out her website of yoga adventures and amazing “Art is My Yoga” paintings.


The seven individual framed prints are of the 7 chakras. On her website it says, "The chakra system is a ladder that takes us from the physical realm up through the workings of the higher mind into the realm of Divine Consciousness.  Each chakra has a specific color, deity images attached to it and a geometric archetype representing one of the elements (earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind).  Each chakra lies within a lotus flower with a specific number of petals associated with an equivalent number of sounds, representing unfolding spiritual energies.” 

The two frames that have 6 prints each are of Ganesha (or Ganapati). On her website Ganesha is described as “the son of Siva and Parvati, one of the most revered deities.  He is so important, that no important activity is started without paying homage to Him.  He is known as the Lord of Wisdom and Remover of Obstacles.  In other words he is the obstacle to obstacles.  There are many names that accompany his many forms.” They are very colourful and detailed, I just love her artwork. 

Looking forward to a mid-week Yin class with Airlie tomorrow - such a wonderful treat, can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment