Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 2

This morning came very early...since I had friends visiting from out of town tonight I planned to go to the 615am class. My "fog horn" sleep app went off bright and early and I got up without hitting the snooze...which can sometimes be very difficult to do. I had a litre of water with ultima replenisher, ½ a protein bar and a few grapes for a bit of energy. I was surprised at how great I felt, not tired at all. The city was so quiet, the only traffic in town at that hour were the diligent yogis driving to class :)

There were about 30 people there today which felt a little less claustrophobic than last night :) It is so nice to arrive to a dark studio and to gradually see the sunrise as the class progresses. Morning classes are my favourite, I just find it challenging to get up that early every day…otherwise I would always go in the morning. I love Airlie's classes, she is a wealth of knowledge and shares so much inspiration with quotes and yoga stories. She is very encouraging and her voice is so calming, especially during difficult poses.

So far on day 2 of the challenge I am feeling great minus very tight calves but I am not sure if that is moksha related – maybe due to my new barefoot runners that I have been wearing the last couple of days while walking my dog.
Other than that, Day 2 was awesome :)

Random thoughts:

Interesting article that I will have to play close attention to this month:

Favourite and most challenging pose for me today:
Bow Pose – Dhanurasana


Grateful for my willpower today, cupcakes were everywhere in sight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment