Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 12

Tonight was my first Karma Class, it is a regular Moksha class however there is no fee to attend. A minimum donation of $5 goes to the charity of Moksha Charlottetown’s choice. Tonight Karma funds went to Speak your Peace Campaign  & the David Suzuki Foundation.  Karma classes are held Friday night at 730pm and Saturday at 4pm. Not only is it great to be able to give back with your donation, it is also perfect for those who don’t have a monthly membership or want to give hot yoga a try as they pay by donation instead of the $16 drop-in fee.

Felt amazing again tonight, the extra water and ultima replenisher I have had the last two days has really done wonders, I also felt even more productive and alert today due to the increased hydration. Tonight’s class was quite full but I didn't find it as hot as usual.  The lights were fairly bright tonight and when I was in Shavasana at the beginning of class it was so relaxing. I felt like I was laying on the beach taking in the sunshine and warmth. For some reason I didn't feel very hot until the middle of class, it was almost as if my body had adjusted to the heat. I didn't sweat as much as usual or at least it didn't feel like I did. 

Great class with Brendan, even some laughs! During Happy Baby pose, some guy cried in a baby voice “ma ma”. Brendan immediately said “Grow up!” and everyone burst out laughing. He must have been friends with the person as he said, “I will never do that pose with you guys in class again”. Another burst of laughter.   It was really cute :)

Challenging pose of the night:

Eagle pose / Garudasana :


I found an article on pinterest this morning called “Eat According to your Blood Type” . It happens to be from Men’s Health magazine but it applies to women as well.  I am blood type A and I was amazed at what it said about my personality, character traits, what to eat, what to avoid and my work out – it suggested yoga... lol.  The neatest part is, I have been both vegan and vegetarian over the past 4 years and had the odd chicken or fish growing up but I never ever liked meat.  The website says that being vegetarian is ideal for blood type A as we produce fewer meat-digesting enzymes... who knew ?!  I guess my restrictive diet isn't that bad for me after all :)  Neat little article, it is like the MBTI  but for blood type :)


Excited to go to the Dunes' Studio Gallery end of season sale tomorrow to pick up some items for my meditation/yoga room, it is really coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment