Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 5

Yay it’s Friday already! I tried so hard to go to the 615am class this morning but the snooze button was too tempting. So tonight I went to the 530 class with Brittanie. I was shocked to see the difference from her Flow class last night. This class was very calming, spiritual and motivational. She spoke deeply about the masks we wear, our warrior self and what we hide underneath these layers. She also focused a lot on gratitude - I found the class very inspiring.

I had a mini breakthrough today. I was able to focus only on my breath and the present moment. Every time I have practiced yoga this summer one or two thoughts have always crept into my mind and I had to lightly push them aside and refocus. But this class I don’t remember having to do this at all.  It felt great to have a hundred percent focus throughout the full class.

Day 5 complete, looking forward to a fantastic thanksgiving weekend and some wonderful moksha classes too.

Most challenging pose tonight: 
Camel pose / Ustrasana


Great article on the love/hate relationship with the snooze button: “Hey Sleepyhead! Stop Snoozing”.  I really need to work on this, either going to bed earlier or disabling the snooze button…that way I can get to early morning classes more frequently. It is the most incredible start to my day, lately with it being so dark in the morning all I want to do is stay cuddled up in my warm bed when that 5:30am alarm goes off.

My colleague gave me this quote today for my inspirational board that I have at my desk. I am all about random acts of kindness these days -  doing something nice for another person and expecting nothing in return is truly the greatest feeling I have ever felt.


No comments:

Post a Comment