Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 4

Tonight I decided to go to Moksha Flow – it is based on the moksha series using vinyasa flow to link postures. I went a few weeks ago and it was pretty tough but I thought I would give it another try. Brittanie the Instructor from Halifax was teaching tonight and I just met her for the first time. We started out in shavasana and the dark-dimly lit studio, the place was packed.

All of sudden Brittanie comes in, turns the lights on full spectrum and was high energy and very enthusiastic. She turned the music on and cranked 60's songs from the movie Dirty Dancing and some 70's disco  – all we were missing was the disco ball on the ceiling. It was so surreal – not at all what I expected for my second flow class. She encouraged everyone to sing and dance along - she was really having fun with the poses. I never stopped smiling throughout the whole class, it was super fun! Exactly what I needed to lighten things up a bit :) Lots of tough poses but I really loved the class. They should definitely rename her class to “Moksha Pump” instead of “Moksha Flow”. 

Another interesting thing was after class everyone was talking and laughing in the locker room and raving about the class and how much they loved it – usually everyone is so quiet and relaxed after their practice that there is not a lot of conversation. Don’t get me wrong, I love the quiet, calming, focused, dimly lit moksha best – but this was such a fun experience, I am so happy I went and I look forward to going again to “Moksha Pump” sometime soon.

So far, 4 days done…feels great!

Every class the instructor talks about setting an intention for our practice, I want to work on this and really  think about why I am there and what I want to achieve in each class. I found a great article to help with this: “The Power of Setting an Intention in Yoga”.

Favourite and most challenging pose tonight:

Wheel pose / Urdhva Dhanurasana


 I haven’t mastered this pose yet, but hope to soon :)

Today I am grateful for David’s Tea – I used my tea coupon from the moksha challenge goodie bag to get a “Glitter and Gold” delicious sparkly tea. So incredible, it really brightened my afternoon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment