Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 22

Wow tonight was the hottest class I have ever been at, at least it felt like it was. All the mirrors were fogged up and my finger tips were all wrinkly like I had been in the bath for two hours...that has never happened to me at yoga before.  It was hard to breath and I couldn’t stay for even 30 seconds in final savasana… many people felt the same I think as lots left before me, someone even left before the class was over, I have never seen that happen before. The thermo reading said 112 degrees but it must have been the humidity as today was a beautiful warm day.

That was my first class with Steve. He said it was the first class he taught in the evening and he asked the class if they minded the lights off. I really liked it dark, I think if the lights had have been on it would have made it even hotter.  It was the best feeling to walk outside after class to the fresh air after it had rained.

Challenging  pose of the evening:

Big toe pose / Padangusthasana


My little meditation room is finally complete. It is so cozy, I love it. Looking forward to trying out my new meditation app tonight that @katewmak & @ColleenMcFall recommended.


Here is the cute little room :) The artwork looks odd from this angle but the room has 9 foot ceilings so the frame height looks really good when you are in the room as opposed to the picture I took of it. It has french doors, that is what you are seeing on either side of the photo with the hinges showing.

This is the meditation app, it is called Yoga with Janet Stone but it has 13 meditation sessions included. They all have different themes and are 5 minutes each.


 I also like the Mindfulness meditation app as well as some other iphone apps I downloaded in the last few months. I find I have so much more mental clarity when I do the meditation regularly and I can also find my focus more easily.

Day 22 complete! 

No comments:

Post a Comment