Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 1

Happy October! It feels good to be blogging again, my last blog challenge was 365 days so this one should be a breeze :) For the next 30 days I will capture my Moksha Challenge experience.

I have been going to Moksha all summer and I absolutely love it. So much that I can honestly say I am addicted to the way it makes me feel and that feeling lasts for hours. It has really made me mindful in my day to day moments and I have never breathed so deeply, not just at class but throughout the day I find my lungs have never felt so strong. A weird thing to say but until you experience it, it is difficult to understand. And this is really going to sound weird but until hot yoga, I don't think I had the capacity to sweat. I would work so hard at the gym, boxing, soccer, or any sport and I would be lucky to sweat two drops on my forehead...no matter how hard I worked. At Moksha I sweat buckets, sounds disgusting but it is the most amazing, detoxifying feeling.  If you haven't tried yoga in a sauna environment, I highly recommend it, you will love it.

So to make a long story short, when the 30 day challenge came up, I thought why not... I am going to go for it, how hard could it be right? Well after tonight I realize it is going to be more challenging than I expected.  I am up for the challenge and excited for what I will learn about myself along the way. I want this little blog to capture how I feel throughout the challenge, what I learn about myself, what I am grateful for and just a place where I can spill my thoughts and look back on this challenge as the months go by. So here it goes :)

Tonight Tracy and I arrived very early and it was so quiet but then at 715 the flood gates opened and the room suddenly was packed. There were close to 40 people and although that doesn't sound like a lot it really is when you consider it is 114 degrees with 80-90% humidity and everyone is sweating buckets. I have never been at such a packed class before. I kept my eyes closed as much as possible in the dimly lit room and just paid attention to the sound of my breath, really holding my poses and pushing to my edge. It turned out to be a fabulous class...Kenny the instructor never disappoints, he is awesome. I was also so happy when he cracked the window for a couple of minutes at the end of class. That fresh breeze was exactly what I needed :)

So tonight was day 1, and I got my little happy face sticker to add to the board, only 29 days more to go! Oh and I love the little goodie bag that is part of the challenge (see below):


A bag, water bottle, ultima replenisher, David's tea, and a luna bar :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For those of you who come across this mini 30 day blog and wonder what this 30 day challenge is all about, here are the details:

October 1 - 30
Moksha Charlottetown
Price: $130 / $104 for students
Autopay members: Just $20 in addition to your monthly payment.  
You receive:
30 days of unlimited yoga
Challenger goodie bag
Workshops with Certified Life Coach Heather MacMillan: Goal Setting & Finding Balance
20% off Tonic yoga wear for the month of October
15% off services at Pure Spa for the month of October
30 Day Challenge Party Tuesday October 30th!

"Join us for 30 days of yoga where we challenge ourselves, detoxify, and support one another on this 30 day journey on our mats."

No comments:

Post a Comment